[RB] Newbie warning !! A few questions

Jan ErikMoström lists at mostrom.pp.se
Mon Aug 25 14:52:07 CDT 2003

Ruslan Zasukhin <sunshine at public.kherson.ua> (2003-08-25 13:47) wrote:

> You speak about c++, yes?

No, REALbasic

> 2) you can use SQL and cursor API.
> For one BaseObject you can have ANY number of cursors.
> Even better, cursors provide you record locks, so you will be safe for
> EDITING of many records in the same time.
>
> I recommend to use cursors for you.

Ahhh, yes you're right this is probably better for me.

> Hmm, but class P do not have such functions that will get your
> RealPerson as parameter. CorrecT?
>
> You mean you will write this functions self?

Yes

> You think into little hard way.

8-) It's habit of mine (my personal experience have shown that my
quick-and-dirty solutions usually doesn't work in the next version so
now I try harder to make better solution).

Now back to the documentation to read more about cursors.

                jem
--
Jan Erik Moström   jem at mostrom.pp.se    www.mostrom.pp.se