ld: Undefined symbols: virtual thunk...

Ruslan Zasukhin sunshine at public.kherson.ua
Mon Aug 25 15:17:43 CDT 2003

on 8/25/03 2:56 PM, John Selhorst at johns at sonic.net wrote:

> On Sunday, August 24, 2003, at 10:21 AM, Ruslan Zasukhin wrote:
>
>> I have not understand.
>>
>> You have create own picture class as
>>
>>     class myPicture : public VDK_BLOB
>>     {
>>
>>     }
>>
>> ?
>
> That's right.
>
>> Then to resolve your problem and work around stupid GCC,
>> You need override in this class FinishCreateSelf() and simply call
>> parent's
>> class FinishCreateSelf()
>
> Okay, I have created myPicture::FinishCreateSelf() which just calls
> VDK_BLOB:: FinishCreateSelf().  I deleted my version of VDK_BLOB::
> FinishCreateSelf().  When I link, I get the same older error:
>
> ld: Undefined symbols:
> virtual thunk [v:0,-92] to VDK_BLOB::FinishCreateSelf()
>
>> But why you use own picture class?
>
> I'm not sure.  I didn't write the original code.

Okay, let's try in this way:

1) take my exmaple1

2) add to this example small class myPicture as you did with
FinishCreateSelf(). BTW, have you see that my VDK classes use virtual
inheritance from VVDK_Field. May be you have miss this point.

3) try to link.

If this reproduce problem, send to me project.

This stupid GCC start to make me angry! :-)
In CodeWarrior all this works just fine.

e-mail: ruslan at paradigmasoft.com