ld: Undefined symbols: virtual thunk...

John Selhorst johns at sonic.net
Mon Aug 25 04:56:41 CDT 2003

On Sunday, August 24, 2003, at 10:21 AM, Ruslan Zasukhin wrote:

> I have not understand.
>
> You have create own picture class as
>
>     class myPicture : public VDK_BLOB
>     {
>
>     }
>
> ?

That's right.

> Then to resolve your problem and work around stupid GCC,
> You need override in this class FinishCreateSelf() and simply call
> parent's
> class FinishCreateSelf()

Okay, I have created myPicture::FinishCreateSelf() which just calls
VDK_BLOB:: FinishCreateSelf().  I deleted my version of VDK_BLOB::
FinishCreateSelf().  When I link, I get the same older error:

ld: Undefined symbols:
virtual thunk [v:0,-92] to VDK_BLOB::FinishCreateSelf()

> But why you use own picture class?

I'm not sure.  I didn't write the original code.

Johnny