makeNewField + dump() to SQL

Rodrigo Hjort rodrigo.hjort at actumplus.com.br
Fri Aug 15 13:05:55 CDT 2003

> Hi Rodrigo!
Greetings, Jochen!

> > It gets compiled, but when started the application the error ocurrs at
> > that point. What could be wrong?! If those lines which contains
> > .makeNewField() are excluded, the error ceases.
> So - if you don't use "makeNewField" then no error occurs?
Exactly.

> Does all variants of makeNewField causes the problem?
Didn't tested others.

> (Maybe it doesn't work with one special field type?)
Any type caused the exception. I tried string and short types.

> On which platform are you running?
Windows NT 4.0 SP6, Java 1.1.02

I did, instead of this, creating the table by SQL "CREATE TABLE" statement.
Then it runs perfectly!

> > By the way, the VJDK documentation in PDF has some syntax errors. i.g.:
> > VJDK.init() -> VJDK.Init()
> > VDataBase.create() -> VDataBase.CreateDataBase()
> > VDataBase.getBaseObject() -> VDataBase.GetBaseObject()
> Well - i will check that. I think the docs are correct - we wanted to have
> all names starting with lowercase as this is standard in Java...
Nope, I think the PDFs are not in Java standard, but the library VJDK.JAR.

Does the dump() method only exports to XML file?
In Java documentation it says that an SQL could also be generated by it, but
it didn't work (second parameter).

Regards,

Rodrigo Hjort
rodrigo.hjort at actumplus.com.br