Valentina Digest, Vol 8, Issue 26

Jochen Peters j.peters at valentina-db.de
Fri Aug 15 20:40:18 CDT 2003

Hi Rodrigo!

> It gets compiled, but when started the application the error ocurrs at
> that point. What could be wrong?! If those lines which contains
> .makeNewField() are excluded, the error ceases.
So - if you don't use "makeNewField" then no error occurs?
Does all variants of makeNewField causes the problem?
(Maybe it doesn't work with one special field type?)
On which platform are you running?

> By the way, the VJDK documentation in PDF has some syntax errors. i.g.:
> VJDK.init() -> VJDK.Init()
> VDataBase.create() -> VDataBase.CreateDataBase()
> VDataBase.getBaseObject() -> VDataBase.GetBaseObject()
Well - i will check that. I think the docs are correct - we wanted to have
all
names starting with lowercase as this is standard in Java...

Jochen Peters
PIIT GmbH