[1.9.8 bug?] Orphaned Text lines

Carsten Friehe rblists at carsten-friehe.de
Tue Aug 12 18:37:01 CDT 2003

Hi!

Here is my mail from 04/30/2003 and Ruslans answer:

-------------------
>If you really get this with 1.9.7 and on fresh db,
>Send me project that reproduce this.

I fixed a problem in my application where the following happened.

I have a table where two fields are of type Text. I am creating a new
record and filling all fields. Now I see that the record shouldn't be
created and blank it again for the next record.
And this is the part where I get an orphaned segment.
Now I am asking before creating a new blank record if the record has to be
created and the orphaned segments ar not longer there.

So the problem exists if you blank a record, insert a textfield with data
and then don't add that record. It seems that filling a textfield with data
allocates space in the database and blanking the record doesn't give that
free.
Oh yes.

In fact Valentina know allow with wrong algorithm create wrong BLOB records.
I will definitely redo this in 2.0.

Now SetBlank() for BLOB field works in different way as for other fields.
And this is problem.