[1.9.8 bug?] Orphaned Text lines

Francois Van Lerberghe fvanlerberghe at freegates.be
Tue Aug 12 18:18:30 CDT 2003

le 12-08-03 17:59, erne <ernestogiannotta at tiscalinet.it> a écrit :

> in some similar code I do next
>
> if lenB(theString) > 0 then
>   myCursor.myVTextField.value = theString
> else
>   if not myCursor.myVTextField.isNull then  // DeleteData if
> theString empty
>     myCursor.myVTextField.DeleteData
>   end if
> end if

Sorry, yes, it was in fact my code. I've not well copied the code. The
difference is that
- I issue a SetBlank first. Perhaps it's the problem. I'm going to test, but
I thought it was a good practice, isn't it ?
- I don't test if it's null in order to do a deleteData. Instead, I test if
I add a new record or no. I do that each time I work on an existing record
and don't deleteData if I add a new one. Thus not done here.

>> ---------
>>
>> ok = myCursor.Add
>> app.myDatabase.Flush
>>
>> After that, I have an orphan segment.
>>

> and ok = true?

Yes

> is myCursor selected with proper new flags(kV_Client, kV_NoLocks,
> kV_Random)?

Yes

> if yes we may have a hard to reproduce problem here

:=(

François Van Lerberghe
Thier Monty, 15A
B-4570 Marchin