[1.9.8 bug] app crashes when re-reading unlocked record

Erik Mueller-Harder lists at praxisworks.com
Sun Aug 10 19:09:32 CDT 2003

OK, I'm a bit red in the face here.  Sorry for the false alarm.  Seems I'd managed to drop the "from" clause from my SQL statement, so it was actually reading as "select recID, fSmartPerson where recID = 4312".  Oops.

There *is* still a bug -- that invalid SQLSelect statement caused my app to crash when I created the cursor as:

    vc = new VCursor(mdb, sqlstatement, flags)

instead of simply giving me a nil cursor and a 601 error.

The other format,

    vc = mdb.sqlSelect(sqlstatement, flags)

did not crash, and it properly gave me a nil cursor and a 601 error.

It's what I get, I suppose, for working on the weekend.  Maybe I'll take the evening off.

Thanks for your patience,

Erik