[1.9.8 bug] app crashes when re-reading unlocked record

Erik Mueller-Harder lists at praxisworks.com
Sun Aug 10 18:37:53 CDT 2003

Frank Schima wrote:

> I'm not sure why you are using single quotes around the recID
> value? Try removing those and let us know how it goes. So:

Hi, Frank --

I'd probably have to go back about 3.5 years to try to figure out why I started putting single quotes around recIDs -- I've been doing it forever, it looks like!

It was a good suggestion, and removing the various Rb concatenations with single quotes throughout my program will probably speed everything up by a good 0.05% :-)   but it had no effect on the problem at hand.

This worked perfectly before the new locking mechanism was put in in 1.9.8b9, and I'm using the supposedly identical kServer, kNoLocks code....

Thanks anyway,

Erik