[ANN] 1.9.8 RELEASE and docs.

Robert Brenstein rjb at rz.uni-potsdam.de
Mon Aug 4 18:21:07 CDT 2003

>In fact I do not see huge problems on adoption state.
>
>Developer can SIMPLY do "Find/Replace All:
>
>     SqlSelect( query )
>
>On
>
>     SqlSeelct( query, kServer, kNoLock )
>

>And in few seconds (never mind how big your project is)
>You get THE SAME by functionality code.
>
>Agree?

Well, not quite. a) it presumes having a global replace function like
in CodeWarrior. b) it presumes having the same text in all instances.
c) changing the call is only one step, verifying a complex project
may take a lot time to ensure that all works as before.

In my MetaCard projects, I have SqlSelect calls in quite a few
different objects and the call structure varies (sometimes I use a
variable to pass query, sometimes it is a literal text, and sometimes
it is a mix). It also varies whether I use 'get' or 'put ... into
...' syntax so even using regex may fail. So it is manual editing or
my own search and replace with human-verify function.

By the way, are kServer and kNoLock literal strings to be passed to
valentina in vxcmd as well or do we have to pass actual numerical
values for those flags?

Robert