UTF support sheduled to 2.0

Ruslan Zasukhin sunshine at public.kherson.ua
Mon Aug 4 17:13:39 CDT 2003

Hi Guys,

I know some of you will be disappointed to hear this,
But we have discuss this question with Lynn and Jochen,
And we decide to stop 1.x development to throw all efforts on 2.0.

This means that yes, UTF support will go there.
Only MAJOR bug fixes will be provided for 1.x from now.

We estimate that UTF will require significant changes in current kernel,
as Joerg points, everything not so easy even in UTF8 if think about all
languages, but not just English. If I will make only English, this will
looks not very nice...

Please no need big discussions on this issue.
It was hard decision for me, but I also feel the need for 2.0 breakthrough.

--
At current state 3-4 developers constantly work on 2.0 code.
Last months I have just coordinate their work but did not take big part in

Please understand, in 2.0 we do true revolution in internal design of
kernel. Something like MacOS 9 and MacOS X.

I want to bring ALL this to your development as soon as possible.

e-mail: ruslan at paradigmasoft.com