How string are stored

jda jda at his.com
Mon Aug 4 08:59:53 CDT 2003

>Any ETA for a first beta that supports UTF8 (even without correct/
>language sensitive sorting)? I would like to continue developing my
>app, but this would be a major step in simplifying my code. My app
>already stores all strings as UTF8, but when retrieving data from
>Valentina, I have to tag every string as UTF8 with
>"DefineEncoding"...

You'll still have to do that, I believe. When you store the string in
Valentina only the text is stored, not any tags or other info used by
RB "strings". That means the encoding byte(s) will be lost and you'll
have to define the string as utf8 when you load it back in.

I'm eager to get started on this so I can finish an upgrade to my app, too...

Jon