How string are stored

Joerg Pressel joergp at three-2-one.com
Mon Aug 4 11:57:23 CDT 2003

>> Second) And, if I can store UTF8 strings, what about Valentina
>> sorting ?
>
> I think it will work correctly.

Hmm, different languages, different sorting – will there be a language
parameter for UTF8??

I think there is a LOT work to do to allow language sensitive sorting
of UTF8 tables...

> I am starting now work on support of UTF8 for Valentina.

Any ETA for a first beta that supports UTF8 (even without correct/
language sensitive sorting)? I would like to continue developing my
app, but this would be a major step in simplifying my code. My app
already stores all strings as UTF8, but when retrieving data from
Valentina, I have to tag every string as UTF8 with "DefineEncoding"...

Cheers,
--
Jörg

three-2-one interaktive Medien GmbH