Server Object ...

Gunnar Swan GunnarSwan at PracticeToPass.com
Wed Apr 30 21:05:47 CDT 2003

>I 'm trying to think of the server in OOP terms :-). If a server connection
> is an object, the  username and password seem like they belong to the server
> object. The database then opens in reference to the server object.

possibly your name 'server object' is actually a 'connection' object that has property of 'connectionsuccess' = boolean TRUE or FALSE..

I think this is just a language translation ... but the concept is certainly there.

ADO is an excellent model to pattern. the API of ADO may provide some insight.

Already .. Valentina is so close to ADO object model . Server should only extend some objects ... with respect to API ?

Gunnar