[V4RB] Diagnose report

Carsten Friehe vallist at gmx.de
Wed Apr 30 21:04:10 CDT 2003

Hi Ruslan!

>Strange. This bug was fixed for 1.9.7.

It was fixed and it works for me now!

>If you really get this with 1.9.7 and on fresh db,
>Send me project that reproduce this.

I fixed a problem in my application where the following happened.

I have a table where two fields are of type Text. I am creating a new
record and filling all fields. Now I see that the record shouldn't be
created and blank it again for the next record.
And this is the part where I get an orphaned segment.
Now I am asking before creating a new blank record if the record has to be
created and the orphaned segments ar not longer there.

So the problem exists if you blank a record, insert a textfield with data
and then don't add that record. It seems that filling a textfield with data
allocates space in the database and blanking the record doesn't give that
free.

Carsten