Director developers! Please test Valentina Server and V4MD

Ruslan Zasukhin sunshine at public.kherson.ua
Wed Apr 30 10:01:02 CDT 2003

on 4/30/03 5:11 AM, Sean Wilson at snw at paradise.net.nz wrote:

>> V4MD_Client.x32  192KB
>> Modified 29 April 16:48
>
> Same here.
>
>> I drop it on XP into Director 8.5 Xtra folder.
>> Run Director.
>
> Tried that with Director 7.0.2, 8.5.1 and MX
>
>> Command showxLib now list Vdatabase and VCursor Xtras.
>
> showXLib *doesn't* show VDataBase or VCursor *IF* I remove *ORIGINAL* V4MD
> xtra from Xtras folder before starting each version of Director. Are you
> *sure* showXLib is showing VDataBase and VCursor from V4MD_Client.x32 and
> not V4MD.x32? If so, then I have an inexplicable problem!

I have one more idea to check.

We now use Visual .NET, so this is new for us.
May be problem with DLL dependency.
This is easy to check.

So if you have no DLL as it need then your Director cannot register it

> Suggestion: it might be a good idea to have these 2 xtras identify
> themselves to Director differently as a priority - although then Director
> will need a way to distinguish between globally available method names that
> are the same in both xtras. Tricky ...

Correct, I want to do this -- ability to have both Xtras in folder.
And yes, Global methods can conflict...

e-mail: ruslan at paradigmasoft.com