[VXCMD] Error 616 when can't find match in a Method field

Ken Ray kray at sonsothunder.com
Wed Apr 30 01:36:06 CDT 2003

I have a method field in my "Entities" table called "FindName" that is a
concatenation of three other fields, separated by spaces:

  concat(LastName,' ',FirstName,' ',CompanyName)

That is indexed and indexed by words.

When I do this query:

  SELECT Entities.RecID FROM Entities WHERE Entities.FindName LIKE
'hhhhhhh' no_case

I get back an Error 616... if I supply a valid string that matches a
record in the Entities table (like "John"), it works just fine. But if I
supply a string that is not matched in the FindName method field, I get
a 616 error.

Any ideas?

Ken Ray
Sons of Thunder Software