Director developers! Please test Valentina Server and V4MD

Sean Wilson snw at paradise.net.nz
Wed Apr 30 14:11:21 CDT 2003

>V4MD_Client.x32  192KB
>Modified 29 April 16:48

Same here.

>I drop it on XP into Director 8.5 Xtra folder.
>Run Director.

Tried that with Director 7.0.2, 8.5.1 and MX

>Command showxLib now list Vdatabase and VCursor Xtras.

showXLib *doesn't* show VDataBase or VCursor *IF* I remove *ORIGINAL* V4MD
xtra from Xtras folder before starting each version of Director. Are you
*sure* showXLib is showing VDataBase and VCursor from V4MD_Client.x32 and
not V4MD.x32? If so, then I have an inexplicable problem!
Suggestion: it might be a good idea to have these 2 xtras identify
themselves to Director differently as a priority - although then Director
will need a way to distinguish between globally available method names that
are the same in both xtras. Tricky ...
Perhaps having no global methods is the simplest solution ie. you must
instantiate each xtra to a variable before you can access any methods? Or
change global method names in V4MD_Client to, for example,
ValentinaClientInit(), ValentinaClientShutDown() etc. Lots of code
rewriting for you; or for developers wanting to easily port existing projects.

>How this can be ???
>What is going on here???
>Where is my gun???

Now don't do anything silly ...

>I need go and drink out self. :^)

That sounds like a much safer option ;-)

-Sean.