general observation

David Wood david.wood at pixelpump.co.nz
Mon Apr 28 13:47:20 CDT 2003

Hi Zav

I've also found it confusing, and the documentation hard to navigate.

>I haven't been able to add records yet.

Looking at some stuff I did a (long) while ago the general procedure
is that once you have a base object (instance of the "vCursor" xtra),
then you need to:
1. use setField() to set field values
....then
2. use addRecord() at add

Sorry I don't have a small project I can send, but I could send you a
script if that would help - might give you some pointers. It's a
parent script through which I piped all the Valentina stuff. I'm sure
Ruslan or someone more qualified will offer some help soon, but let
me know . Looking at it now it's a bit of a mess, and looking at a
script out of context is always tricky, but it might be another
source of clues to solving the riddle.

Cheers

David