[V4MD] Network packets sent on OpenDB

Ruslan Zasukhin sunshine at public.kherson.ua
Fri Apr 25 21:52:19 CDT 2003

on 4/25/03 9:04 PM, X Y at xyzabc1010 at yahoo.com wrote:

> Hi All,
> Just out of curiosity, I decided to monitor the # of
> packets sent to and from the db over the network. When
> I called an openDB, ~ 475 packets were sent to the db
> and ~350 sent back.
>
> This compared ~20 sent when executing a query. Can
> someone explain what is happening during open? Is data
> getting cached initially?

Hi,

No, when you open db remoetly, this is old way "shared access".

It is VERY not optimal, because client computer LOAD to own RAM everything
-- indexes, tables,...

This is why was invented Client-Server technology, which is much more
effective. This is why we move to Valentina server.

During opening Valentina check EACH field and index.

e-mail: ruslan at paradigmasoft.com