Newbie alert - Creating databases in Lingo

Zav - Alex Zavatone zavpublic at mac.com
Sat Apr 12 17:40:59 CDT 2003

Hi guys.  It's been a long time since I've personally done any
database stuff in Director and it's my first time with Valentina.

I'm currently trying to get my brain around the process of creating a
database solely in Lingo and don't understand why files are needed to
describe the database.  Hopefully, I can figure out how to create my
first database completely in Lingo.

The database structure would consist of one table and 3 string
fields, username, password, and hint.

I'm going to go through the archives but could anyone point me in the
right direction to get going?  I've got the docs right in front of me
for reference.

Thanks, this has been a major stopping point for me in my current project.
--
- Zav
Now in national syndication.