DatabaseOpen() slow over network

X Y xyzabc1010 at yahoo.com
Wed Apr 16 12:51:29 CDT 2003

Thanks For the ptrs.
It seems as though the time to open a db is
proportional to the # of tables and fields in the db.
I replaced the varchars --> string which reduce the
speed.
However, I played around with removing fields etc and
the opening time keeps going down.

Is there any work around to this?

Thanks

--- Ruslan Zasukhin <sunshine at public.kherson.ua>