DatabaseOpen() slow over network

Ruslan Zasukhin sunshine at public.kherson.ua
Wed Apr 16 08:06:35 CDT 2003

on 4/15/03 11:40 PM, X Y at xyzabc1010 at yahoo.com wrote:

> hmm maybe
> is there a way to turn that off??

In normal way Valentina must not do reindex each time.

Only if something bad with index happens we can see such problem,
So on open it start index, fail it, next open again start indexing.
I do not think this is your case.

Try do XML Dump / Load.
After this any problem should go away.
Do not trash original db :-)

---
You can remove in VAPP all index flags.
And try now.
IF still slow for you, then I think you have a lots of VarChar fields.
Then you can try convert some small of them to string field.

In future I want fix this to make Open() time independent from this factors.

e-mail: ruslan at paradigmasoft.com