If encryption must return error? // V4RB Windows bug error 524

Ruslan Zasukhin sunshine at public.kherson.ua
Thu Apr 3 09:57:23 CST 2003

on 4/3/03 4:52 AM, jeff benjamin at jeffb at interactiveink.com wrote:

> Execute two 'open' commands, the first to determine that the file is
> encrypted (error = 328 when the file is unlocked, 5 if locked). Before
> the second, set the encryption key (SetStructureEncryption). Second
> open command (if running on Windows and the db file is locked) will
> produce error 524. On Mac, no error.

Interesting.

524 -- BaseObject not found.
I will check.

--
By the way, I wonder if it is correct way to return error in case of wrong
encryption key.

Because this open easy way for somebody to write auto-generator, which try
all possible keys...

I don't know if this is really possible.
May be number of combinations are so big that it will needs 100 years.

e-mail: ruslan at paradigmasoft.com