Questions about some properties in the property inspector

Ruslan Zasukhin ruslan_zasukhin at valentina-db.com
Thu Sep 12 08:40:57 CDT 2013

On 9/12/13 4:21 PM, "Wesley Verbinnen" <wesley.verbinnen at cognosis.be> wrote:

Hi Wesley,

> Ruslan,

I will CC to Valentina lists

> we have some questions about some of the properties that are in the
> property inspector. (All related to VReports)
> I've looked on the wiki, but it only seems to tell us the same thing as
> the tooltip does.

>   * Expression engine: This has both the options "Valentina Reports" and
>     "Datasource". Is there any advantage to chose Datasource instead of
>     "Valentina Reports", does it make a big difference?

I'd say disadvantage

This defines which SQL will be used and its funcs.
  Valentina's or  third party DB.

If you use third party DB, e.g. Postgre,
Then reports stops to be cross-db...
It most probably will not work with e.g. mySQL.

We gong yet improve this area ...

>   * Scripts- pre_build and post_build: only used to do data changes
>     likes deletes, inserts, updates and procedure calls?

Probably yes.

We have made this exactly because your team asked something to call SPs

>   * position_type: Float and fixed. When I switch between these 2 values
>     they don't seem to change anything.

I will ask somebody ...