Server reconnection after timeout

Kevin kevo at gatorgraphics.com
Mon Oct 14 13:21:08 CDT 2013

On Oct 14, 2013, at 10:50 AM, Sergey Pashkov <sergey_pashkov at valentina-db.com> wrote:

> Hello, Kevin,
>
> It is not possible to reestablish an existing connection.
> But you can close such connection and reopen it again, using bookmark or connect dialog,
> of course related editors (SQL, Diagrams, etc...) will be closed in this case.

It would be nice if there were a way to keep the editors and reopen the connection. Not sure if that’s possible or not, but it would be really handy. Or maybe it would be possible to try reinitiating the connection automatically if there is a connection error or no response from the server after a certain time.

> To close a connection - switch to a Schema Editor tab and click an 'eject' button on the connection
> (or select "Close" in the contextual menu)

Thanks for pointing this out. I didn’t see it before since I typically use the tree view and not the column view.

Regards,
Kevin