How to limit returned rows?

Kevin kevo at gatorgraphics.com
Thu Aug 1 11:49:25 CDT 2013

On Jul 31, 2013, at 4:58 AM, Ruslan Zasukhin <ruslan_zasukhin at valentina-db.com> wrote:

> On 7/29/13 8:48 AM, "Kevin" <kevo at gatorgraphics.com> wrote:
>
>> Is there a way to limit returned rows when browsing a remote database?
>>
>> I was trying out Studio today and it returns all rows in a table. Not good
>> when the db is remote.
>
> Hi Kevin,
>
> This problem is solved for 5.4

Thanks Ruslan, the beta works much better. My next issue I just ran into is that csv export seems to be really slow. I exported about 21,000 records, only two fields of a table and it took about 5 minutes, maybe more, I wasn't timing it. The export file only ended up being about 400KB. I can scroll through the entire recordset in the built in viewer without any hitches at all. This is from a postgres db BTW.

- Kevin