vStudio entering default values

Ruslan Zasukhin sunshine at public.kherson.ua
Sat Jul 5 00:24:51 CDT 2008

On 7/4/08 10:19 PM, "william humphrey" <shoreagent at gmail.com> wrote:

Hi William,

> I see. Thanks. It only works when there is no other primary key already and it
> cannot be added to a primary key that exists already.
>
> too bad...

Valentina's identity is not like in mySQL auto-increment.

Our identity is based in fact on the same RecID features.
So it can be applied only to ULONG field because RecID also is ULONG.

What type was in your Primary Key?
    may be it was different from ULONG ?

Please note that auto-increment in fact is evil.
    most mature DBMS do not have such feature.
    develop need self program this logic using sequences or additional small
table
        TableId     NextValue

> It only works for ULONG and it turns out if you delete a primary key and then
> add it again vStudio crashes.

Please give exact steps