Import textfile with 5.6 Gbyte

Ruslan Zasukhin sunshine at public.kherson.ua
Tue Jan 22 00:23:30 CST 2008

On 22/1/08 7:58 AM, "Till Bandi" <tbandi at swissonline.ch> wrote:

Hi Till,

> the last time I tried was a bit more successful: Studio did not crash.
> But there was no advancement. I waitet about 2 hours before cancelling
> (the file did not grow anymore).

Well, in case you have BLOB field in the table you could get into bug fixed
in 3.5.2 betas - was limit for 4Gb in BLOBs.

If not ... We need search more.

> I'll wanted to send you the database structure with a separate mail.
> But in preparing I realized that the DB had been build and that
> destroying the records did not free the disk space so that I can't
> send the huge file - I first have to rebuild the DB. I will
> investigate further before getting back if needed.

Do you have 4 files in your db?

If yes then VDB files is only one you need send me. It is small always.

-------------
> For a next version: It would be helpful  to get a visual confirmation
> while matching fields and a correct functioning of the import progress
> bar so that the user knows that work is going on and when the process
> is finished.

Yes,

but for feedback of progress-bar we need to build a new mechanism in both
KERNEL and VSTUDIO. What is not 5 minutes. It is on our TODO.

> My OS: OS X 10.5.1
> My studio-Version is in german

Kirill,

You have benches which build >4Gb db, so take this db, export it to TEXT
from Vstudio, then try import back. Then debug this issue.