Import textfile with 5.6 Gbyte

Till Bandi tbandi at swissonline.ch
Mon Jan 21 23:58:29 CST 2008

Ruslan

the last time I tried was a bit more successful: Studio did not crash.
But there was no advancement. I waitet about 2 hours before cancelling
(the file did not grow anymore).

I'll wanted to send you the database structure with a separate mail.
But in preparing I realized that the DB had been build and that
destroying the records did not free the disk space so that I can't
send the huge file - I first have to rebuild the DB. I will
investigate further before getting back if needed.

For a next version: It would be helpful  to get a visual confirmation
while matching fields and a correct functioning of the import progress
bar so that the user knows that work is going on and when the process
is finished.

My OS: OS X 10.5.1
My studio-Version is in german

Thanks