[ANN] new build of Vstudio 3.5 b6

Ruslan Zasukhin sunshine at public.kherson.ua
Thu Oct 25 02:48:13 CDT 2007

On 25/10/07 10:13 AM, "Kim Kohen" <kim at torchpublishing.com.au> wrote:

>> So you have got it working for one computer,
>> And still troubles on another?
>> Then I have not catch yet your network configuration.
>> You have now one VSERVER 3.4 on MAC MINI
>> And around it 2 other MACs with Vstudio ?
>
> No, just one server and my laptop.
>
> Mac Mini is running VServer. If I launch 3.4 VStudio on this machine
> (same machine as server) I can connect OK to server. If I try and
> launch VStudio from my MacBookPro it hangs when I try to open a db on
> the Mac Mini Server.
>
> Both machines are running 10.4.10 but the Mini is PPC and the laptop
> is Intel. Of course the Mac Mini has nothing running but VStudio (and
> VNC) where naturally my machine has all sorts of stuff going on - and
> tomorrow will probably have Leopard.
>
> I'm now VNCing into the Mac Mini to use VStudio.

Ok clear.

So you able from Laptop

*  CONNECT to server, yes

* you see server as bonjour, yes?

* and only when you try open db - it hangs...
        does your db have triggers, events ?

* Do you run vserver with VerboseLevel = 3?
    recommended during development.

* do you run vserver fro terminal?
    recommended during development.
    to see log messages in LIVE MODE.

May be it hangs - and still send some commands?
    Latest bb/b6 can have troubles in cascade
    overhead messages. We already fix major of them.
    but may be still in some case exists cascade...