freeze on text import

Court Batson courtb at bentmedia.com
Wed Mar 28 12:43:44 CDT 2007

Hello,

This could very well be because of user error as I'm new, but I can't
find much documentation for importing into vstudio.

i'm trying to import an access text export into valentina studio. one
of the tables causes vstudio to freeze up. i can force quit and see a
partial import -- it seems to stop when it gets to records with large
fields. if i delete the record (from the txt file) after the last
successful record imported, the import keeps going fine (until the
next large record). i don't see any strange characters there. these
"large" records are only about 6000 characters.

I've tried changing the VarChar field size to a number larger than
the default, but it still hangs up in the same places.
I've also tried deleting the records from the table, but not the
table, then importing the text file for that table. this seems to try
to give me more options for field mapping, but it always seems to get
stuck when i try to assign field mappings.

Any ideas on what is causing this or how to get around it? This is on
a very old PC, I have a fairly new Mac; would I be better of trashing
the PC version and trying this on my Mac?

Also,

Thanks!