import from microsoft sql server

Jochen Peters j.peters at valentina-db.de
Fri Apr 27 06:20:57 CDT 2007

Hi Georgio,

> Another issue. I can connect and fetch the tables (structure) of
> the ms sql server database. But, it popups an error
> error fetching results:
>
> error executing SQLExecDirect
> error fetching result
> error fetching result
> error executing SQLExecDirect
> error fetching result
> error fetching result
> ... and so on

This happens during IMPORT?
Or during fetching of database structure?

Have you choosed to let Studio create alll necessary tables for you?
Have you checked all new tables? Have you checked the field mappings
for each table?

To isolate the problem it would be helpfull to know WHICH table and
WHICH fieldtypes causing it.
Maybe it is possibel to import the tables ONE by ONE to see which one
causes the trouble?

> What does this mean?
>
> And when i try to see the data with the data browser it popups the
> same error as above and after some tries studio crashes. It isn't
> possible to fetch the data?
>
> It is possible to clone the database, although it creates a banch
> of side tables because of compatibility issues. In this case how
> can I import the data then? Some fields with incompatible types
> (like nvarchar) have dissapeared.

I do not understand this - you only can clone Valentina 2 databases -
not ODBC databases - (at least not with vStudio). So - what you mean
with cloning here?
And what "side tables" ?

Another possibility to import data is to export them first to text-
files and importing these text-files using Valentina Studio#s Import
Wizard.

http://www.valentina-db.de