[ANN] Valentina Studio fc3 uploaded

Ruslan Zasukhin sunshine at public.kherson.ua
Mon Jan 16 00:44:06 CST 2006

On 1/16/06 12:23 AM, "Kurt Klamp" <K.Klamp at t-online.de> wrote:

> Here the same,
> vStudio can't be used at all:
>
> -to enable a launch at least one have to trash the prefs db first,
> without trashing the prefs db vstudio crashes at launchtime short before
> opening the browser
>
> -when successfully launched (see above) it isn't usable at all
> -> no opening of any db neither v1 nor v2 db's
> -> creating a new db works, but only at the file system level, its never
> be seen at the browser
>

> -->> so vstudio at the current state is without practical use at all,
> its just a 40 mb file, not more  :-((
>
> At least Valentina carbon works to drive my db's, but since more than 3
> years i'm waiting for a better successor. Hope it will come true some
> time.
>
> Mac OS X 10.3.9
> NO typeit4me

All this is strange. I also run Vstudio very often on my MAC and no such
problems as you describe ... And I use the same build from site.

* is your OS X english ?

* do you have crash logs? Please send them to me and Jochen

* note, that last 3 months vsPrefsDB.xml is XML file.
    it is NOT a database.

    so before trash it next time open it in editor and check it.
    if it is somehow corrupted please send it to us.

* Do you have in name of your Disk any unicode characters?

* have you try to run it on other MACs ?

* have you try run it on Windows (ask just in case :)

IF you do not use XML file then may be you use some OLD Vstudio ???

Kurt, Jochen you are both in Germany, may be try contact by phone to
reproduce that steps or/and isolate problem on Kurt side ?