[ANN] Vstudio WIN fc18 uploaded

M Young myoung at ieee.org
Sat Apr 15 11:30:51 CDT 2006

On Apr 15, 2006, at 10:30 AM, Ruslan Zasukhin wrote:

> On 4/15/06 6:23 PM, "M Young" <myoung at ieee.org> wrote:
>
>>> Actually I do not have idea how automate the web pages :)
>>
>> Ruslan,
>>
>> I was actually beginning to wonder if that was the case. ;)
>>
>> The http://www.paradigmasoft.com/ site really comes across as a
>> nicely done professional site. Surely, you could discuss your
>> development work flow with whoever setup your web site and they could
>> help you automate web page updates, which would definitely cut down
>> on list questions/complaints/etc. I would prefer this suggestion over
>> slowing down program development so the pages don't need updating so
>> frequently. :)
>
> But the main ideas we can find self, right? :-)

Right. The issue is getting the information into the appropriate
places easily and consistently.

> * we have some C++ header file where preapring new build we
>     specify
>
>  const char* AppVersion = "2.3 fc18"

Makes sense.

> Believe me, it is my dream to have some App / Script
> Which will allow me say:
>
>     I want build release of Vstudio, Vserver, V4RB
>     this will be 2.3 fc18 release for vstudio
>     and 2.4 b1 for kernel
>
> Press okay and go drink coffee...

Great plan.

> And this will build all, compress, upload tp ftp, correct web page,
>     solve next few bugs ... :-))) ops, this is our job!

Isn't your job _developing_ Valentina?

I know Joel's ideal is probably unrealistic, however it is an
interesting concept: <http://www.joelonsoftware.com/articles/
DevelopmentAbstraction.html> I think I am talking about putting some
web site update stuff below deck using Joel's terminology.

> We even have draft of such application developed in REALBasic + V4RB1,
> But it is on frozen few months already ...

Cool. I can hardly wait to see it in action. Until then, I will just
look forward with amusement to the next round of questions regarding
update issues. :)

Thank for listening. I will go back to work now.

Best of luck,

Michael