[ANN] Valentina Studio mac+win 2.3 fc16

Ruslan Zasukhin sunshine at public.kherson.ua
Wed Apr 12 00:13:46 CDT 2006

On 4/11/06 11:35 PM, "Rob Wingate" <rwingate at visual-book.com> wrote:

>> * SQL Browser - more smart choice of default width for column of result,
>> depending on its type.
>
> By "SQL Browser", do you mean DataBrowser?

Not actually. I mean SQL Browser.
But they both have common parent, so probably this feature can present in
both.

> The DataBrowser window's new ability to retain column widths is great --
> I've been waiting for that for a long time. The default column widths seems
> to work well on 2.x databases.

Good.

Note width is not yet stored on disk. This is our next step.
We will store it, and we will have layout editor as FM and Access for
example do have.

> For 1.x databases, the default column width, based on datatype, is strange:
> wide columns for integer types, narrow columns for strings? It seems like it
> should be the opposite.

Igor, please check this point

> It would be great if the column width data were persisted somewhere, to be
> retained between sessions.

See above