[ANN] Valentina Studio mac+win 2.3 fc16

Rob Wingate rwingate at visual-book.com
Tue Apr 11 16:35:34 CDT 2006

Found it:  the Volume Browser works only for 2.x databases, not 1.x. I was
testing 1.x databases, because my current client hasn't upgraded yet.

> * SQL Browser - more smart choice of default width for column of result,
> depending on its type.

By "SQL Browser", do you mean DataBrowser?

The DataBrowser window's new ability to retain column widths is great --
I've been waiting for that for a long time. The default column widths seems
to work well on 2.x databases.

For 1.x databases, the default column width, based on datatype, is strange:
wide columns for integer types, narrow columns for strings? It seems like it
should be the opposite.

It would be great if the column width data were persisted somewhere, to be
retained between sessions.

> * SQL Browser - menu Recent now show last query on the top, so its
> easier to reach it by mouse.

Nice.

> * ToolTips on Column Header in data browser and sql browser now are
> more accurate

Nice.

Great job,
Rob