Change properties of field

Charles Cohen rwc1717 at shaw.ca
Sat May 21 07:25:25 CDT 2005

On 20-May-05, at 11:48 PM, Jochen Peters wrote:

Hi,

> I have information stored in a database of which a field length is set
> longer than I want.
>
> None of the stored data is longer than the new length I want to use.
>
> In the properties window I can alter the indexing and the other
> checkboxed parameters but I cannot seem to change the lengthIt should
> work in the Property Window. You are working on Mac?

macOSX 1.39    Studio 2.0b7
Database version 2.x

> The arrows alter the number, I can type I a number but I can't seem to
> change its value in the Schema browser.As soon as you press "return"
> or leave the field the changes should be stored.

No changes to the Name or Length...although the changes do remain in
the fields of the property window...they don't alter the Table
elements.

Moreoever, the Type cannot be altered at all.  I can open the
drodownlist but the selection does not change even in the Property
window....it recerts to what it was.

If I change the Length and then select any of the checkboxes in the
property window (ie:unique, indexed, whatever) the Length reverts back
to original number...while the I or U does show up in the Table
Elements beside the Length.

Thanks
Chuck