Double Click - open browser. And more

Ruslan Zasukhin sunshine at public.kherson.ua
Fri Dec 23 22:36:43 CST 2005

On 12/23/05 5:23 AM, "Ed Kleban" <Ed at Kleban.com> wrote:

>> Double clicking on a table in the Database Elements column of the Schema
>> Browser should open a Data Browser window on the selected table name.
>>
>> ===
>
> Ok, now here's an opportunity for an INCREDIBLY powerful capability for VS.
> Not only should should double-clicking on a table name in the Schema Editor
> do this, but double clicking on the row number (or RecId, or some bullet or
> per-record icon) of a record in the Related Table section of Data Browser
> should:

:-))) yes, we also have discuss such idea -- easy navigation between records
in many tables and, I have think yet, about back path for return.

Such navigation should happens I think with

        Option -- Double click for example

> 1) Switch to the window displaying that table, or open a new window if none
> yet exists.
>
> 2) Scroll the table so that the double-clicked record is visible.
>
> 3) Highlight that record.
>
> 4) NOT open an edit cursor on an unpredictable field value within that
> record, as single-clicking on a row number currently does (Bug according to
> Ruslan).

To Jochen probably. Row number click should not start edit mode.

> Given that this was implemented along with:
>
> a) Remembering per-table column width settings,
> b) Remembering window positions so that windows for various tables always
> open in the same place,
> c) Width problems are solved so that you only need a window that is as wide
> as the number of columns of data you have rather than wasting massive
> amounts of screen with white space and you could align the windows side by
> side and see more than one at the same time.
>
> THEN
>
> You could simply double-click on row numbers of records to traverse links
> throughout the database exceedingly rapidly and with great ease.  This would
> be very powerful, and essentially provide a means for browsing V2 tables and
> relations in a similarly powerful manner as REALinsight will provide for
> traversing RB source code method references.

RIGHT Ed. You have catch idea. :-)

Although I have think about opening of next table in the top browser so in
related browser you can see next childs

Plus, the path of my jumps should be visible, like this do PathFinder or
some web sites (including paradigma-soft).