[ANN] vStudio Admin (Win) a66 uploaded

Rob Wingate rwingate at visual-book.com
Fri Sep 17 14:11:14 CDT 2004

Jochen,

> it is the used port number

Ah -- I see.

> Just drag the source field from the right to one
> of the column headers of the left list!

This is what I tried many times, but couldn't see any change. I later
realized those mappings were already made in the Access MSys_ tables. But in
my tables, dragging & dropping as you describe had no effect, becuase no
field names are listed.

> What field types?

TABLE: Categories
FIELD____TYPE
ID       Long int
Sort     Long int
Parent   Long int
Level    Long int
Name     str, 50

TABLE: Comp
FIELD____TYPE
ID       Long int
Category Long int
Book     Long int
Chap     Long int
VLo      Long int
VHi      Long int
Seq      Long int
TreeTtl  str, 255
Title    str, 255
Text     Memo

> Hhmm - not clear. So - what tables are NOT created?

Sorry, I misspoke. All tables are created, but only MSysAccessObjects, and
some fields from MSysAccessXML, were mapped. These are the first two tables
listed in the popup menu.

In MSysAccessXML, the field "ObjectGuid" of type GUID was not mapped. After
this field is skipped, no other fields are mapped. Perhaps there's a bug in
mapping field type GUID?

If you skip creating the MSys_ tables, this problem may go away. Because
when I create my 2 tables (Categories & Comp) individually, all fields are
mapped correctly.

> Why can't you proceed? It is not rquired that all
> tables are mapped...

After the automatic table creation, my 2 tables are shown with no fields
(empty right-side columns). At this point, dragging and dropping does
nothing.

Hope this helps,
Rob