a66 // report 2

Jochen Peters j.peters at valentina-db.de
Fri Sep 17 17:03:41 CDT 2004

Hi Ruslan,

> * 1.x and 2.x files
>
>     I think you must have in the preferences check box
>     if to show 1.x at all.
>
>     sooner or later, people will start to use mainly 2.0
>
>     also what you will do when 3.0 will be ready?
>     also add it ?
>     nobody do this.
>     future we need something else.
>
>     it is important now to convert 1.x dbs into 2.0
Ruslan - this is very easy! 1.x is only Plugin!!! Just pull it out
of the Plugin's folder and you will have 2.x only!
I think in vStudio 1.0 final we will not have 1.x Plugin. People
interested in it
can download it seperatly from our side - drop it into Plugins folder
and
work with it.
Well - if needed i can easy implement feature like in InDesign to
select Plugins which will be loaded - AHH - yes - this would be very
flexible
and best way!

> * in the Data Browser you can add the last row marked as "*"
>     like Access have it. Very logical and comfortable feature.
>     then we will be able add records directly in table.
Ok.

> * in the list view when I choose database (1.x format)
>     on the right table I see wrong values of statistic
>
>         fields 2        ok
>         Methods         20      must be 0
>         records         202     must be 2
>
>     I have add one more records, not it show 203
Oops..