Display driver conflict?

Jochen Peters j.peters at valentina-db.de
Tue Nov 23 21:42:36 CST 2004

Hi Rob,

> I'm seeing the following behavior on WXP.
>
> I open a .vdb in V-S, click a table, open the Data Browser, and scroll
> down. At that point, V-S locks up, and my 1280*1024*32 screen gets
> reset to
> 640*480*8. Then this message appears:
>

> "WINDOWS - DISPLAY DRIVER STOPPED RESPONDING
> The ialmrnt5 display driver has stopped working normally. Save your
> work
> and reboot the system to restor full display functionality."
>

> Any idea what could cause this? I've reproduced it several times.
>
> Let me know if you need more info from me.

Very strange. vStudio does not do any special thing concerning the
display driver. It uses
wxWidgets - and this is using also only normal Windows API calls -
nothing special.

Rob - i am currently preparing a new build of vStudio which will be
based on the newest wxWidgets
lib - so - please try again with the new build and let me know then.
It will be available somewhere around next weekend.