[Valentina-studio] Valentina studio questions

Jochen Peters j.peters at valentina-db.de
Sun Mar 28 09:59:44 CST 2004

Hi Greg,

> I had downloaded a Beta version of Valentina Studio v 1.0a35 back in
> january (MAC OS 10.3).  Although ascii import was not implemented, I
> found it useful.
>
> Now I downloaded 1.0a45. This version requires registration to work
> over 10 minutes (I thought it was still beta).
It IS still beta. All versions so far has had a limit of 10 minutes
build in. This is the case because the Valentina Kernel needs
registration to work longer than 10 minutes.
Old versions of Valentina Studio didn't mentioned this limitation - and
this was bad because after 10 minutes strange thinks could happen. Now
- starting with a45 Valentina
Studio reminds you on this limitation during startup - and - because it
can handle
registration now you can completly remove this limit. Details about
registration will
be send to this list next week.

> I find it to be very unstable: I always have to force-quit it and it
> does not import ascii files after doing the wizard thing (the db
> remains empty.) It crashes a lot too.
Yes! The a45 build was indeed very unstable! And i have been working on
this issue for the last week. The new build a46 - which will be
available tomorrow -
will be much much more stable!!!

> Also:
>
> 1.  In the info window it says v 1.0a35, not 1.0a45.
>
> 2.  After I downloaded 1.0a45,  the previous beta version I had gave
> me an error on launch ("kernel error 328) and stopped working in
> general. So I now have no valentina studios to work with...
This is because the new format of the Valentina Preference database is
not compatible
with OLD versions of the program. But this is not a show stopper for
you. Greg, simply
trash "vsPrefsDB" - it is a folder in your home directory. Just search
for a folder with
this name and move it to the trash. After that the old program should
launch again.