[Valentina-studio] Re: Bug with Select count(distinct)

Ruslan Zasukhin sunshine at public.kherson.ua
Wed Mar 24 08:21:28 CST 2004

On 3/24/04 3:47 AM, "Marcus Bointon" <marcus at synchromedia.co.uk> wrote:

>> Well, as for me, such mistakes are DEVELOPER mistakes,
>> And they can be very easy found and fixed.
>>
>> So why we must slow down self with a lots of runtime checks ?!
>> You will NOT be able ship application which can do such mistake at runtime.
>> Right?
>>
>> So what sense to have protection which will NEVER work in your RELEASE code?
>
> Um, well, I'd prefer it if it didn't crash anyway. I keep having
> intermittent crashes in V4MD when I make a simple error like referring to a
> field that doesn't exist. Perhaps these checks could be enabled via the
> debug level in force at the time? Having director crash and lose changes
> just because of something like this is hard on the developer...

In ideal, we could have 2 version of V4RB, V4MD, ...

Oh, guys! This is an idea.

In 2.0 we will keep kernel of Valentina in separate DLL,
So plugin itself will be very small. And therefore it will be easy put into
archive 2 versions of plugins!

Really good idea!!!

DEBUG version of plugin can have A LOTS of protection.
RELEASE will have minimal or zero

e-mail: ruslan at paradigmasoft.com