AW: [Valentina-studio] [FEATURE] search and sorting in data brows er

Klamp, Kurt Kurt.Klamp at abdnb.bayern.de
Wed Jan 21 11:58:18 CST 2004

Hi Jochen &  Ruslan,

> ----------

 Very agree !

> >> Yes - i see.
> >> I think very flexible search dialog is in Finder - where you can add
> >> several
> >> conditions by clicking on the "+" button...
> >
> > As for me, I not very like this...button game
> :-) :-) :-)

What about live searching by typing first characters of field ?
-> add an edit field row beneath the column header;
-> the user clicks into the edit field(s) of his choice and types
some beginning characters and in realtime the set of records
is reduced to the ones which fit left(field, )='xyz..'

This technique works even on an old atari computer with 16Mhz very fast and
comfortable.

There should be the possibility  too, to save such a query for later use

> > In VAPP I see in DEFAULT dialog all fields (including BaseObject
> > methods
> > If flag is ON).
> BUT: You would also see this in the "button game" dialog! You will
> simply have a
> drop down list with all fields in it ....
> And by clicking on '+' you can add more and more fields to your
> conditions - this is very flexible!
> You can even have more then one condition for a single field (which
> will be combined with AND)
> And - i think it is very easy for beginners - and powerfull for
> professionals - and well professionals
> can easy go the SQL way...

Agree too. In this way i realized a SQL dialog in Apple script and building
sql queries is very easy and fast. There are popups for the tablenames, the
fieldnames and for sql language elements. choosing an entry in the popup
inserts the entry at cursor position in the sql edit box.

> > -------
> > Also always I dream about Finder's live search.
> > Problem is that I have no idea how to make it for Table search --
> > because we
> > have MANY fields.
> >
> > May be
> >
> >         [popmenu on fields of table]    (whattosearch__)
> That's what i am talking about! - what you mean with "live search" ?

I think something similar to the above said.

Best,
Kurt