[Valentina-studio] Access to .vdb file

Ruslan Zasukhin sunshine at public.kherson.ua
Wed Jan 21 11:37:07 CST 2004

Hi Jochen,

I have remember!

Right now VDK_Database class has

                  // Returns the description file with corresponded number
                  // for this database. If it doesn't exists on disk,
                  // creates it if inAutoCreate
                 // This file is stored in the "database.vdb" file
FBL_EXP    VDK_DescriptionFile*     GetDescriptionFile(
                                        ushort inNumber,
                                        bool inAutoCreate = true );

And exists class VDK_DescriptionFile.

This way I have add BEFORE have made system tables.

This way allow you store YOUR info into vdb file.

You can have A LOTS OF different internal files inside of vdb file!!!
They will differ by Number.

VDK_DescriptionFile is very easy for use and is just stream.
Check it.

I use this in VAPP somewhere to store some VAPP info.
So check sources of VAPP.
And btw, use other numbers than VAPP.

Again, this is not access to system tables,
But can work for many your cases.
May be even better.
Note, you need write all, then read all from stream.

For example you can use this to do that
    predefined QUERIES
    Layouts
    last user queries (stored in DB, but not in prefs)
    reports

I don't know if there is sense repeat this stream feature in 2.0...
Just for flexibility may be.
But may be you will find this feature more easy for YOUR tasks that system
tables, where you will need split e.g. Layout info into many records, then
combine them...of course it possible to store Layout as the whole thing into
BLOB.

So check all this and let me know what you think?

e-mail: ruslan at paradigmasoft.com