[Valentina-studio] ODBC... How ???

Jochen Peters j.peters at valentina-db.de
Wed Jan 14 10:16:34 CST 2004

Hi Ruslan,

> 1) I was able import records from Server database, into local database.
> Works great.
Good!

> 2) I see that if I choose in the import wizard ODBC
>     then on next step it ask for ODBC source.
Yes - you MUST open ODBC connection BEFORE using the
Import wizard!
You can open any ODBC datasource using the "Connect to server" dialog -
just
use the drop-down list in the upper right corner to choose "ODBC
datasource"
instead of "Valentina Server"
Well - i will make this dialog a bit better - currently you must fill
it like this:
Put the name of your ODBC datasource (as defined on your system) into
the field "Host"
Then fill in User and Password and press connect. That's all!
Well - to setup a datasource you must follow your system help.

Ok - it might be usefull to write a little step by step guide -
especially for all Mac guys.., right?

>     Can you tell us
>
>     a) what you use for tests? Filemaker and its ODBC driver? Else?
I have tested with MySQL.

>     b) how to set up FM ODBC source? Or else?
needs some tutorial..
But - setting up an ODBC datasource is a system task - so you can find
help there.
Well - see above - i will write a little step by step guide..

> 3) I do not see way how to connect to ODBC data source from Schema
> browser,
> and then more, how to use Data Browser on ODBC source. Please tell us
> how to
> do this.
See above.

> Jochen, in general I should say: EXCELLENT!
> I have work long time (up to time out) and I was fast,
> intuitive and logical! I have feel real pleasure working with Vstudio
> a35!
> Very good !!!
Glad to hear that!