[Valentina-studio] AppleScript in Vstudio!

Ruslan Zasukhin sunshine at public.kherson.ua
Sun Feb 15 18:10:14 CST 2004

on 2/15/04 6:00 PM, Jochen Peters at j.peters at valentina-db.de wrote:

> Hi Ruslan,
>
>> I have remember important point
>>
>>     we need in VS -- apple script.
>>
>> IF you add this feature, then I can kill VAPP absolutely.
>>     well, only thing to grab from VAPP yet
>>     Related Browser with features to browse linked tables,
>>     linked records, link records and break links by muse click.
>>
>> Until that I need keep VAPP alive because exists set of developers
>> that use
>> it only for AS features.
> Yes, Ruslan. I know.
>
> I have this already on my ToDo list - but i think i should port to the
> 2.0 interface
> first.
> Well - depends on how far 2.0 is right now. I think it make only sense
> to port to 2.0
> if 2.0 has most of it's features (at least in alpha stage) implemented.
> The point is that now many developers seems to use vStudio already in
> there
> everyday work - this would break if i port to a not ready 2.0..
> So - maybe it can make sense to start with AS before the port...what
> you think?
>
> In any case: Having AS would bring more old users from VAPP to vStudio..

Developers that use Vstudio in every day work
Need Vstudio based on 1.x

Next week you will ship next alpha of Vstudio.
It must be good as I understand.
Valentina 1.x developers will be able use unti 2.0 release.
You must keep link to this build all this time.

And you must introduce new Vstuduo build based on 2.0.
So we do not break anybody.

e-mail: ruslan at paradigmasoft.com