Some issues...

Eric Werner, MD gaseous1 at mac.com
Sun Dec 19 21:25:42 CST 2004

Jochen,

I’m evaluating vStudio (v1.0a70) and am not able to open a Valentina
Server database despite being connected (this is a vServer based on the
v1.1 engine). I also have several of my own databases in the
/Library/ValentinaServer/Databases folder and have no access to them. I
cannot register these databases either, without receiving a -43 error.
Also, when I try to bookmark a server connection (locally) that doesn’t
work, but the server does automatically appear in the “Open Recent”
menu item.

I also cannot open a database using the appropriate File menu entry,
when the Valentina Server is chosen/highlighted in the browser window.
The “Open database...” menu choice is not grayed-out at this point. I
can open a database when I have chosen the “Valentina 1.x files” in the
browser. Should I not be able to do this when connected to the server?

Registering a database is a real pain. A option to browse the HD should
be available, and the filename and path of the chosen DB file should be
automatically entered into the dialog box.

Finally, what ODBC drivers are available which can “see” Valentina DB’s?

Regards,

Eric