[Valentina-studio] Encrypted Databases - Very Frustrating

Jochen Peters j.peters at valentina-db.de
Wed Apr 21 09:58:59 CDT 2004

Hi Ruslan,

> Hi Deane,
>
> I wonder, you have for each table separate password?
>
> Why you not use single password for the whole db?
I believe Dean HAS a single password for his database. I have also seen
this problem - it
seems to be problem in kernel as following:
IF database is encrypted
THEN all tables also have flag encrypted!

IF table is encrypted
THEN all fields also have flag encrypted!

vStudio CAN NOT determine if this flag on table/field is set because
database is encrypted
or because table/field itself is encrypted - you see?

Well - i can use the database password also for the tables and fields -
(if the database is encrypted)
but - is this correct? Or can we have cases where tables have been
encrypted with say "password1" and
later the database is encrypted with "password2" ? You see problem?
Well - it is not real problem - i think it is not well defined what
should happen in each case.
Encryption should be carefully redesigned in 2.0 - i think...